Sunday, May 17, 2009

Green Wedding

My husband and I went to dinner last night with two of our good friends, Heather and Daniel. They recently got engaged and are planning their wedding for Jan 2010. Heather and I were talking about her wedding ideas and she told me that they were going to be having an eco-friendly wedding. I thought that was such a great idea! I have read alot about this being the new wedding craze for this year and to come, but haven't done enough research on it!

Creating a wedding that isn't wasteful or polluting is appealing to more and more brides. The number of earth-friendly products and services is growing, giving the bride and groom a range of options. A lot of it is buying local fresh flowers from the Alachua farmers markets or nurseries. Or for instance, supporting a local artisan is much more earth friendly than having cheap trinkets shipped half way around the world! Eco-friendly brides and grooms are not only doing good for our envirnment but also helping the community.

Im excited about doing more research in helping Heather plan her Eco-friendly wedding in Gainesville :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails